News & blog
Read about some of the exciting, improbable, and sometimes inconceivable experiences that have come up while working through problems with the government’s systems and processes.
An inside look at USDS
Learn about the situations our teams have encountered during their time in government: the good, the bad, and the just plain bananas.
What does a bureacracy hacker do? Find out from a USDSer who has worked across multiple agenceis and is finishing up her four-year tour of duty.
We can improve both user experience and cost efficiencies of digital product development in government by designating product managers to lead digital product development and evolving our national model of service.
Currently I’m supporting the team at the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) working to improve the process to apply for and manage federal assistance.
Ethical hackers work alongside Marines to discover and disclose nearly 150 vulnerabilities within the U.S. Marine Corps public-facing websites and services.
We believe inclusive design is just good design, and so a priority for our design team is to ensure we are deliberate in our research, design, and content practices.
Our team helped Veterans Affairs become one of the earliest federal government adopters of modern, cloud-based IT infrastructure.
Matt Cutts originally signed on for a three month tour of duty with USDS. Read why he stayed.
Our team is developing a React on Rails application, Caseflow, that will enable a better, more efficient process for managing Veterans' appeals by increasing productivity, preventing errors, and automating or eliminating manual steps.
Within her first few months at USDS, product manager Ju-Lie McReynolds, impacts Medicare coverage of continuous glucose monitors.
Meet members of our team and read about scary challenges they have overcome.
USDS in the news
Where media stories once focused on describing USDS as a start up, they now discuss the impact of our work. See what they’ve been saying lately.
- New boss for government's tech "SWAT team"
- This little-known program has played a central role in the U.S. government's coronavirus response
- Matt Cutts on solving big problems with lean solutions at the U.S. Digital Service
- How tech workers in the government could make everyone’s life easier: ‘Get rid of the paper’
- How a Star Wars Crab Became a Federal Agency’s Twitter Avatar
- This simple technological fix helped veterans get health benefits
- Uncle Sam wants you to join the United States Digital Service
- U.S. Digital Service, Obama’s White House ‘startup,’ finding its way under Trump
- Tech-starved government seeks industry’s best, brightest
For the press
USDS welcomes press inquiries. Email our press contact at USDSpress@omb.eop.gov.
We need you.
Let’s help millions of people together.